Please note the following vacancy notice that has been issued: VACANCY NOTICE: PAHO/08/FT735
TITLE: Manager, Knowledge Management and Communication
Assignment: Fixed-term appointment
ORGANIZATIONAL LOCATION/UNIT: KMC
CLOSING DATE: 30 September 2008
For a copy of the vacancy notice: https://erecruit.who.int/public/hrd-cl-vac-view.asp?jobinfo_uid_c=20175&vaclng=en
“….To establish the principles and practice of knowledge management and communication as fundamental to public health and a key component of technical cooperation and capacity building. As such, it oversees the equitable and efficient dissemination of health information and communications to priority audiences, especially in Member Countries, as well as PAHO's knowledge sharing processes and information and communications products. It ensures that PAHO is widely recognized as a source of authoritative scientific and technical information and safeguards PAHO's intellectual property against any use contrary to the Organization's mission and principles….”
This vacancy notice has been posted on the WHO Internet website at www.who.int
under the Employment section (bottom of the page).
All applicants are required to apply on line following these steps:
1) Access the Internet www.who.int
2) Click on Employment (bottom of page)
3) Click on Vacancies
4) Locate and select the vacancy # that you are interested in and click on More information to view the vacancy notice
5) At the bottom of the vacancy description, you will find three options:
6) Click on the option that applies to you
7) If you are a New Applicant, the first step is to create your own personal account (see instructions below).
8) After getting the login and password, complete the personal history form on-line
9) Once you have completed the personal history form, you need to click on “Apply to current vacancies” & select the corresponding vacancy.
10) Please do not wait until the last day to apply for a vacancy.
New Applicant Instructions:
When requesting your personal profile, please complete and submit the required information. Please note that if a field does not pertain to you, it should remain BLANK; however, if a field is marked with an asterisk(*) it must be completed.
1. Be sure to include a valid e-mail address and password.
2. A confirmation of your registration will be sent to the e-mail that you provide as your username.
3. You will need to wait and check your email to copy the FULL link in the message into a new browser window in order to return to our site and complete your Personal History Form.
4. You may then access your personal profile, complete your Personal History Form online and apply to WHO and PAHO vacancies.
5. You may continue with the application process or return at a later time to complete the required information for application.
6. Please do not wait until the last day to apply for a particular vacancy.
If you have already created a profile in the e-Recruitment system, you do NOT need to register again. You will then select Returning Applicants and if you have already completed your personal history form, there is no need for you to do it again. If you wish to apply to a new vacancy, you will just click on Returning Applicants, enter your username and password, which will take you to your personalized page with all your information. At this page, you will then select Apply to current vacancies and follow the instructions provided by the system.
* * * *
This message from the Pan American Health Organization, PAHO/WHO, is part of an effort to disseminate
information Related to: Equity; Health inequality; Socioeconomic inequality in health; Socioeconomic
health differentials; Gender; Violence; Poverty; Health Economics; Health Legislation; Ethnicity; Ethics;
Information Technology - Virtual libraries; Research & Science issues. [DD/ KMC Area]
“Materials provided in this electronic list are provided "as is". Unless expressly stated otherwise, the findings
and interpretations included in the Materials are those of the authors and not necessarily of The Pan American
Health Organization PAHO/WHO or its country members”.
PAHO/WHO Website: http://www.paho.org
EQUITY List - Archives - Join/remove: http://listserv.paho.org/Archives/equidad.html
IMPORTANT: This transmission is for use by the intended recipient and it may contain privileged, proprietary or confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient or a person responsible for delivering this transmission to the intended recipient, you may not disclose, copy or distribute this transmission or take any action in reliance on it. If you received this transmission in error, please notify us immediately by email to email@example.com, and please dispose of and delete this transmission. Thank you.