From: TropIKA .WHO.INT
Sent: Monday, September 24, 2012
CALL FOR APPLICATION HOSTING AND MANAGING THE TropIKA.net INITIATIVE
The WHO Department of Knowledge Management and Sharing (KMS) and the Special Programme for Research and Training in Tropical Diseases (TDR) will transition out the managerial responsibility of the TropIKA.net initiative
Expressions of interest are invited from institutions in low and middle income countries to assume the responsibility for the leadership, management and hosting of the TropIKA.net initiative.
The selected institution will be expected to:
1. Lead, manage and host the TropIKA.net initiative;
2. Establish and coordinate a partnership with research institutions in low and middle income countries (LMIC) to run TropIKA.net;
3. Promote and raise funds for the sustainability of TropIKA.net.
More information about this call for application at: http://bit.ly/OPe4tI
Interested candidate institutions are invited to send a proposal and required documentation by 30 October 2012 via email to: email@example.com
The email subject line must include "TropIKA.net partnership [institution name]".
The proposal should include:
1. Full name of the institution and the main contact person for this project (to be designated project coordinator), with full contact details.
2. A description of the institution mandate, structure, missions, collaborations and infrastructure (see the earlier section on selection criteria).
3. An outline of the institution's experience in running knowledge management projects, listing recent initiatives in this area.
4. A leadership and management plan for TropIKA.net describing:
a. How TropIKA.net would fit with the mission of the institution
b. How TropIKA.net partnership will become sustainable after devolution by WHO
5. Brief CV of project coordinator and staff involved.
6. Budget for an initial 12 month period (in US dollars).
7. Letter of support from the head of the institution.
A copy of the application should also be sent to the WHO Representative's Office in the applicant's home country for their information and records.
WHO/KMS will acknowledge receipt of applications by email within 2 weeks. An acknowledgement of receipt does not imply that the application is eligible for review. A committee of WHO/KMS and TDR appointed experts will review the eligible applications and recommend the final selection of applicants to WHO.
The results will be announced in December 2012.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION 30 OCTOBER 2012
* * *
This message from the Pan American Health Organization, PAHO/WHO, is part of an effort to disseminate
information Related to: Equity; Health inequality; Socioeconomic inequality in health; Socioeconomic
health differentials; Gender; Violence; Poverty; Health Economics; Health Legislation; Ethnicity; Ethics;
Information Technology - Virtual libraries; Research & Science issues. [DD/ KMC Area]
“Materials provided in this electronic list are provided "as is". Unless expressly stated otherwise, the findings
and interpretations included in the Materials are those of the authors and not necessarily of The Pan American
Health Organization PAHO/WHO or its country members”.
Equity List - Archives - Join/remove: http://listserv.paho.org/Archives/equidad.html
IMPORTANT: This transmission is for use by the intended
recipient and it may contain privileged, proprietary or
confidential information. If you are not the intended
recipient or a person responsible for delivering this
transmission to the intended recipient, you may not
disclose, copy or distribute this transmission or take
any action in reliance on it. If you received this transmission
in error, please dispose of and delete this transmission.